California Conservatorship Attorney Helps You Protect Your Family

At the Law Offices of David C. Turpin, attorney David Turpin can help you arrange for the care of an elderly parent or disabled adult child. I can guide you in choosing a conservator you can trust to manage the financial needs of your loved ones.

Caring for an incapacitated adult

When devising your estate plan, the care of the most vulnerable members of your family is likely your foremost concern. At the Law Offices of David C. Turpin, I can advise you on making crucial decisions about the financial support, protection and guardianship of developmentally disabled or physically challenged adults or similarly disadvantaged children who otherwise face a precarious future.

Choosing a guardian for your child

You should name a guardian who will raise your children according to your parental philosophies. The court will reject a guardian who is unwilling or unable to care for your child. I suggest you name an alternate guardian to fulfill the role if your primary guardian choice is unavailable. I also recommend that you thoroughly discuss your decision with your chosen guardian to confirm that he or she is willing and prepared to accept the full responsibility of caring for your child as you desire.

Importance of a will

Naming a guardian is especially important if you are a single parent or in case both parents die in a common incident. If you do not name a guardian, the court will appoint a guardian for your children, and might make a decision that would be unacceptable to you. You can make your own parenting decisions by drafting a will and updating your will should your designated guardian die or become incapacitated.

Contact a thorough estate planning lawyer, the Law Offices of David C. Turpin

For thorough and professional legal service throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, call the Law Offices of David C. Turpin at 805-965-3079 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.